Moorlands Sixth Form College is a unique collaboration of three local high schools; creating a high achieving joint Sixth Form with a fantastic choice of A level and vocational course combinations.
The College is the Sixth Form for Painsley Catholic College, The
Cheadle Academy, Moorside High School and we also welcomes students from other high schools.
As a College with a reputation for academic success and student engagement, we have very clear aims and expectations for ourselves and our students. We aim to:
And for Painsley students to:
- provide the best possible choice for our students.
- achieve the highest academic standards through excellent teaching and positive relationships.
- provide support to enable students of all abilities to make a successful transition to post-16 advanced study.
- develop positive attitudes and skills for future study and employment.
- develop individual talents, interests and social skills.
One of the main reasons for entering Sixth Form is to add to and develop your qualifications. The staff and students work in partnership in the Sixth Form to achieve this. There is a significantly greater workload in the Sixth Form than for KS4 study. This includes a greater emphasis on independent work. Students are expected to seek out opportunities to expand their own knowledge and skills and take responsibility for discussing issues with their teachers.
- maintain the Catholic ethos based on Gospel values.